Sunday, January 17, 2010

FEED me!

So with my new medication and not eating breads among other things, I am basically starving 24/7. It is very annoying. It is like having the flu and dreading the next time you feel the nausea. I eat and then dread the hunger pains. What is interesting is I really have not cut anything out. I don't eat bread as much as I was but due to my yeast allergy I didn't eat it that much anyway. I guess the medicine is just keeping everything at bay. I hope I get over it because I cannot keep on like this. I can eat a full meal, get up and by the time I put my plate in the dishwasher I am hungry again. I am hoping I can get with a nutritionist who can help me find things to eat that will keep me fuller longer.
On a positive note, I have not had to cut out my favorite foods. I can deal with no bread, pasta and potatoes. If I couldn't eat meat and cheese-we would have problems! I obviously cannot eat sweets, which I crave on occasion. The biggest problem I am having is drinks. At home I have been drinking a lot of grape kool-aid with Splenda. I usually only have caffeine if we go out to eat and I get a Diet Coke. I found out that caffeine makes insulin resistance worse and artificial sweetners are frowned upon. They don't raise my sugar levels but are bad for you all around. They do approve Stevia, but it is pricey! I do not really like to drink water, especially when it is cold so that is my biggest problem. The killer for me has to be the fact that I have to give 2 full unopened bottles of Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer away because it has sugar in it. This saddens me so and I will miss it dearly! I am going to stick to this thing pretty tight until I go see the doctor in April. Then we shall see....

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, stevia really isn't expensive and it goes sooo far. The amount of a pencil head sweetens a glass of tea. Try it! Check out www.hormonehealthforbusys.com for other health infor that may help you. Got to go squeeze some oranges....

    ReplyDelete