Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Food update

I am happy to report that I am no longer starving all the time. There are days when I get the munchies, but my appetite is now under control...THANK GOODNESS!
There are some new things that I have tried that are really good. Instead of grits in the morning I eat Oat Bran. It looks like grits and has the same consistency, just brown. Sometimes I will put some frozen berries in it and other times I will put cinnamon and cut up granny smith apples. YUMMY.
I cannot have white rice. I love white rice with black beans. I have substituted barley for the white rice. I have to say it's not so bad. The good thing about all this is I have been forced to get creative with food. Since I hate to cook, it actually makes it more fun because I can "create" things. I am the only one who eats most of it of course. I still make Brad whatever he likes. Still having some issues with drinks. I have been drinking decaf regular tea and green tea. I can tolerate it completely unsweetened, but a stevia packet every now and again helps.
I have had some cravings for sweets which I did not have before when I was starving, but I am hoping that goes away as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment